Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Commercial Auto Insurance Options for Western North Carolina
Do you use a vehicle for your working duties? If you say yes, you’ll probably need commercial auto insurance. This is often some of the most critical protection a business owner should obtain.
General Insurance Services proudly offers top-rated commercial insurance lines for residents of Asheville and surrounding communities. Start today to protect yourself, your business and your vehicles.
What is commercial auto insurance?
Commercial auto insurance covers losses from accidents and other unpreventable mishaps in vehicles used for business. Policies consider your business as an insured party in the deal. That is because damage or loss of a vehicle used for business might impact the business itself.
Who needs commercial auto coverage?
Many personal auto insurance policies will not insure vehicles used commercially. So, if you ever plan to use a vehicle for regular working duties, you need commercial auto coverage. Entities that can benefit from a policy might include:
- Companies that own a single vehicle or commercial fleet.
- A business that provides a company car to an individual employee. Either the employee or the enterprise will need to maintain the policy.
- Individuals who drive their personally-owned vehicles for commercial purposes.
Commercial Auto Coverage Options
Policies will include specific coverage relating directly to business needs. This might include:
- Liability Insurance: Insures you against the damage you cause others if you are at-fault in an accident. North Carolina requires drivers to carry bodily injury and property liability coverage.
- Collision Insurance: Covers damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Pays for your own vehicle damage from non-accident mishaps, like theft or weather damage.
- Medical Coverage: Pays for your medical bills and those of your passengers. It may also cover death expenses.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance: Insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
- Tools and Equipment Insurance: Also called inland marine insurance, this coverage will insure commercial belongings and property in transit.
- Hired auto/non-owned coverage: If an employee driving their own car on business faces a problem, the business’s assets might come under threat. This coverage can cover such losses.
Keep in mind: If you operate vehicles like vans or semi-trucks, you might need extra coverage like cargo or trailer coverage. You agent can pinpoint the right policy for you based on your specific driving needs.
We Are Ready to Help
If you want commercial auto coverage without the hassle of having to search alone, come to General Insurance Services. We are a family-owned insurance agency, and what’s important to you is important to us. We’ll make sure you always get the coverage that’s right for you, and we’ll keep it affordable.
We are proud to serve Asheville, Waynesville, Fletcher, Canton, Sylva and surrounding areas throughout North Carolina and the Smoky Mountains. Call one of our 5 locations, request an online quote or email us for a prompt reply.